Did you mean: 

WinPCAP for LabView v 0.1 alpha

Hi 

Did you solve the problem ?

Thanks Nino

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(1,864 Views)

I made an updated version of this library which has a 'read N packets' feature.

You can get the visual studio project for the dll, and the labview library from this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Increase-UDP-received-packets-per-second/m-p/3313828#M970490

Message 32 of 36
(1,688 Views)

Hello,

I'm trying to read N packets with your DLL without Success.

I have a Network to listen that send Frame every ~2ms. With Read Packets, i can lost some packets.

All the packets have the same size. Wireshark sayd the frame is 96 bytes long.

How do I need to configure your N packets ?

If I plug my cable, the dll is waiting indefinitely, and if the network is not connected, I have the timeout.

I did a lto of test with different configuration, but not resutls.

Can you help me ?

Best regards.

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(1,496 Views)

How large are your packets?  The function should be configured int a very similar way to the original version in this thread, with just the one additional field for the number of packets.

I did not do a very good job writing this function, so keep the following in mind:

1)  Don't use the version I posted which says it has 'timeout' support.  It does not work correctly.  Use the version here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Increase-UDP-received-packets-per-second/m-p/3313828#M970490

2)  The function will not return until you have collected 'num_packets' packets, this could take awhile if you set 'num_packets' to a large number.

3)  Since there is no 'timeout' support the function will never return if your data source is not running.  This is makes troubleshooting difficult because you would have to 'End Task' the labview thread.  Typically I use a compiled executable to troubleshoot so that I can 'end task' it, instead of labview.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(1,484 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for thé quick reply.  I think I only used thé one with timeout. 

My packets are 96 bytes long including header. I tried with 1 packet without success. 

I Will try on monday. 

Regards 

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(1,470 Views)

Hello,

Could you please teach me how to support more network cards in the code?

maybe 6 or 7 or even more.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(1,231 Views)