LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinBounds

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with this VI!

I've used it probably a dozen times in the last ten years, with mods for new versions of LV.  I think I used it with my current version (2012) just last year.  Now, suddenly, I get Error #1 at the WinBounds property node.

Strangely, I don't get that error if I set "Show" to false, even though that statement comes after the WinBounds node.

Further, I'm allowed to press Continue and everything behaves as expected.

I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,015 Views)

I had a quick look at your VI, and the only way I found to generate error code # 1 is to enter too small a value for the size of the FP window.

There is probably some minimum size that a FP window is allowed to be.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,991 Views)

Hi, Cathie,

I've tried your VI, but get no error.(I'm using LabVIEW 2013)

BTW, I think it should not pass the values of WinBounds in the Centre Alignment case,

or the Front Panel won't be centered in the screen of my monitor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,959 Views)

MIG,

Hmm.  Yes, I can see how "too small" would cause an error, but I'm asking for 300x800, and I have plenty of cases that are smaller and work fine.  There's just something weird going on where I call it, I guess.

Thanks for looking.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,880 Views)

William1225,

Ah yes, good point.  I've probably never used "Centre" (I usually want things tiled, so I give them custom bounds).

Still can't figure out why I keep getting this error, but it must be in the call.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,877 Views)

AAAAAAARGH!    Found it, and I thought I should post, in case anyone else ever has this problem.

In the VI Properties, I had set a "minimum panel size."  In fact, I had only used that to determine the size that I wanted,then neglected to remove the restriction, but somehow, when I put 300, 800 into the panel size of my VI, the resulting VI is 272x698 (I'm sure it has to do with scroll bars and header stuff).  So if the VI's minimum panel size is set to 300x800, and you try to force it to 272x698, it gives an error.

Message 6 of 6
(2,864 Views)