From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the labview program made in winXP be able run in Win2K environment?

Hi Guys

I need your confirmation if it is true.

When I ran the program in WinXP and it works OK.

But then after configuring it correctly after some initial problems, I ran it but halfway stopped for no reason.

I tried to recall everything what I had missed ot but still not think of way, even I copy the configurations and files.

Do you think that the different version could be a problem?

Pls advise

Thanks

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,173 Views)

Hi Clement,

do you use the same LabVIEW version on both? Or is it only one pc with first WinXP and now WIN2K on it. If you use different pc´s maybe the speed of them is different.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,171 Views)

I have had no problems running LV application made in one version of Windows to run in a different version. Are you using OS specific functionality, e.g. .NET, ActiveX, etc?

I develop on VISTA and most application I put out have to run on mostly XP and in rare case on 2K.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,168 Views)

I am not aware of any major differences between Win-2K and xp..

However, if the same versions of LabVIEW are not installed on both PC's, you may want top make sure the run-time engines are the same version.

For instance, you did not mention if you are running the VI(s) within the development environment or if they are executables.  There may be "something" that is not set identically on the two PC's.  It could be anything from using different VISA versions, different drivers, etc.  I doubt it is related to the OS or to LabVIEW (directly).

R

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 10-17-2008 08:17 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,135 Views)