From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my PXI default to embedded ethernet port?

I have a PXI rack with an NI PXI-8110 Embedded Controller and an NI PXI-8231 Ethernet card (there are also other PXI cards in the rack as well).  I want to see the remote system using the ethernet port on the embedded controller, but this only seems to work if I have the seperate 8231 ethernet card pulled out of the rack.  Otherwise it lists both devices as Device 1 and Device 2 when I have a monitor hooked up to the controller and only assigns an IP to Device 2 (8231) unless I only have Device 1 available.

Is there any reason why this might be happening? And is there anyway to select which ethernet I want to use?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,082 Views)

Hi joedowdle,

The KnowledgeBase, here, may better explain this behavior. This KnowledgeBase also explains how to define the default network interface.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,070 Views)

Thank you, we got it to work.  Turns out our problem had more to do with the IP settings of the network adapters.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,065 Views)