LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why when I use Power Meter I have many message of error?

I use Power Meter NRTZ43 of Rohde & Schwartz, but I have a driver, but when i put icon of Getting started on desktop compare this message:

"RSNRTZ Application Measure Power.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\RSNRTZ Reset.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtz.llb\RSNRTZ Reset.vi".
RSNRTZ Config Measurement.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\rsnrtzu\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtzu.llb\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi".
RSNRTZ Error Query.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\rsnrtzu\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtzu.llb\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi".
RSNRTZ Initialize.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\rsnrtzu\RSNRTZ Utility Default Instrument Setup.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtzu.llb\RSNRTZ Utility Default Instrument Setup.vi".
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\RSNRTZ Reset.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtz.llb\RSNRTZ Reset.vi".
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\rsnrtzu\RSNRTZ Utility Clean Up Initialize.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtzu.llb\RSNRTZ Utility Clean Up Initialize.vi".
RSNRTZ Measure.vi
  Virtual Instrument
RSNRTZ Select Forward Measurement Mode.vi
  Virtual Instrument
RSNRTZ Select Reverse Measurement Mode.vi
  Virtual Instrument
    - The subVI expected to be at "C:\work\RSD\drivers\rsnrtz\lv6_vi\rsnrtzu\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi" was loaded from "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\instr.lib\rsnrtz\rsnrtzu.llb\RSNRTZ Write And Read Response.vi"."

What's means???

Maybe I have old driver for LabVIEW6? Can u help me to find correct driver?

Respond me soon please...

Thanks,
Vanny

)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(

Sweet, Beautiful and Young Female Physicist (SBYFP)
(I speak a not very good english, so If U are Italian LabVIEW expert speak in Italian, if U speak in Eglish... please speak easy;) )
My e-mail for personal contact: vanessaricciardi@live.it_NO_SPAM_PLEASE
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,423 Views)

That is normal. When a VI is saved the location of all the subVIs get saved with the VI. When you open a VI LabVIEW looks for VIs in a specific order. If it finds the VI in a different place it warns you. You have the instrument driver in the "instr.lib" directory. You have another copy in the C:\work subdirectory. When you opened the "Getting Started" VI from C:\Work, LabVIEW used the VIs from the instr.lib folder.

Questo è normale. Quando un VI viene salvata la posizione di tutti i subVIs vengono salvati con il VI. Quando apri un VI LabVIEW cerca per i Vis in un ordine specifico. Se trova la VI in un luogo diverso, si avverte. Hai il driver strumento in instr.lib "directory". Hai un'altra copia nella cartella C: \ sottodirectory di lavoro. Quando si apre la "Getting Started" VI da C: \ lavoro, LabVIEW utilizzato il VIS dalla cartella instr.lib.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,411 Views)

No because this VI is a VI of ROHDE E SCHWARTZ. See the figure:

04.JPG

I haven't done a VI. I explain myself?

And when I use this function I have many logical error because:

1) the power IN is a little greater than nominal power;

2) the reflected power is greater than IN Power.

I have seen that there are also a driver "Virtual NRT for Power Meter NRTZ43", but I have the version for WIN 95/NT. And I don't find a version to WIN XP. Can u help me to find the correct version for my pc?

I have connected Power Meter to this port:

05.jpeg

but I haven't istalled my Power Meter. I have only put in instr.lib the folder of driver taken by site of Rohde & Schwartz.

In the manual (if u want to help me really with heart read please) there is write that I must set the PORT COM, but when I have seen in Panel Control of Windows and after in System the Power Meter is unrilevated (NOT DETECTED). But with labview I have illogical miasurement.

If I find the program to see the power in and reflected maybe I can understant if labview function is correct.

I wait you... but now Are u sleep? Eheh, kisses...

Thanks,
Vanny

)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(-_-)(

(I speak a not very good english, so If U are Italian LabVIEW expert speak in Italian, if U speak in Eglish... please speak easy;) )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,400 Views)

Whoever wrote the VIs at R&S saved them in the directory c:\work\..., you have them in a different location, the good news is that LabVIEW finds them and after you save everything you shouldn't see this warning again.

And when I use this function I have many logical error because:

1) the power IN is a little greater than nominal power;

2) the reflected power is greater than IN Power.

Does this mean you got it to work with LV?  I am a little confused, is 'nominal power' your input power?  A few things can cause the reflected power to be higher than the input power, such as pilot error, active devices, multiple refllections, do you have more details about your test.  You can reverse the detector and see if the power levels remain the same.  If I had to take a wild guess, I would say you are measuring an average power in the forward direction and not averaging in the reverse direction.

I have seen that there are also a driver "Virtual NRT for Power Meter NRTZ43", but I have the version for WIN 95/NT. And I don't find a version to WIN XP. Can u help me to find the correct version for my pc?

Probably not necessary, you can use Hyperterminal to communicate with the Power Meter if you need to do low-level testing.

but I haven't istalled my Power Meter. I have only put in instr.lib the folder of driver taken by site of Rohde & Schwartz.

In the manual (if u want to help me really with heart read please) there is write that I must set the PORT COM, but when I have seen in Panel Control of Windows and after in System the Power Meter is unrilevated (NOT DETECTED). But with labview I have illogical miasurement.

If I find the program to see the power in and reflected maybe I can understant if labview function is correct.

There should be no need to 'install' your Power Meter.  You have plugged it into your serial port, all you need to do is specify the correct port in the VI.   My computer only has one serial port, so I would use an instrument descriptor such as 'ASRL1::INSTR'
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,376 Views)

OK, I see what's happening. When the driver was originally saved it was saved from a working directory instead of from the instr.lib. It's still OK. LabVIEW updated the links. Just re-save the VIs once they open.

That's an application that Rohde&Schwarz wrote. I think the latest version is here: http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/file/NRT_ZV2_1.EXE.

vanny wrote: 

05.jpeg

I wait you... but now Are u sleep? Eheh, kisses...

If you connected the power meter to the computer it's installed. The power meter will not be detected because it's a serial connection. An instrument connected over the serial port cannot be automatically detected in MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) like a GPIB instrument can. In LabVIEW you have to tell it which serial port you connected it to.

In MAX you will see the COM ports:

In the LabVIEW driver you set the COM port this way:

COM 1 --> ASRL1::INSTR

COM 2 --> ASRL2::INSTR

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 01-15-2010 04:25 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,373 Views)

Mercurio I don't understant what is the port COM associated to my Power Meter.

Now I have off my Signal Generator and I use Only Power Meter: so I must measure a Power = 0W, but...

- if I use a Program of Power Meter that run in Windows (Virtual NRT.exe) I read random number... why?

07.JPG

-  If I use MAX for default I have the setting thet U told, see the figure:

08.JPG

If the Power IN is strange because it must be 0W, but Power reflected is very absurd: 6W????

I think that the 9 pin (famale) of my out of device is not good associated to 9 pin (male) of my pc. Do u think it's possible?

I must measure 0W and 0W... I cry...

Have U read the manual??? Tell me soon... 

Thanks,
Vanny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,348 Views)

I have a problem... Now When I use Virtual NRT.exe I have good measurement. I have done PRESET, after ZEROING and I have choosed in the Reflection Panel PWR and... it's OK.

Now I have a Problem!!! WHen I use LabVIEW to control the Power Meter I have many Problem!!! See the Figure:

1) I have done SELFTEST and compare:

09.JPG

I don't understand what type of error is showed.

2) When I use Getting Started Measurement I have a Problem. The Power INcident is OK (there is a little error and It's strange that the Power is a little higher that Power that I choose on the panel). BUT THE PROBLEM IS POWER REFLECTED... IT'S IS VERY HIGHER AND I PUT A LOAD THAT ABSORBED ALL POWER!!! I don't Understand very well what is the problem. First of all: the power reflected that I read is the power reflected or other? Maybe I do a similar error that i did when i used Virtual NRT.exe because i read not Power, but other.

3) Why when I off the Signal Generator and use only Power Meter I have a little Power Incident, but not zero Power like I expect?

4) Signal Generator is connected by GPIB-USB B card. I must use VISA function for it?

5) What is the difference in section Instrument I/O between function 488, SERIAL and VISA?

6) If the Power Meter is connected with COM1 serial port... I must Use 488 function o SERIAL function?

7) I must use VISA function, for example, instead to use the function that are present in section INSTRUMENT DRIVERS?

😎 For example: There are a VI in Instrument Drivers. I can use it or I can do it by meself like I desire?

9) If I use VISA I have understand that I can use a commant to write and read on my device. But where I can read this commands?

I HOPE THAT I'M EXPLAIN MYSELF GOOD.

Thanks,
Vanny

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,341 Views)

Hi vanny,

"Now I have a Problem!!! WHen I use LabVIEW ... I have many Problem!!!" - Funny! :smileyvery-happy:

1) just read what it says: "VISA Read in 'RSNRTZ Write and Read Response.vi'". Use probes and highlighted execution to trace the error.

2) We cannot guess what your VIs are reading from the device, especially when there are reading errors before...

3) We don't know what's happening in your lab...

4) You don't "must", but you can Smiley Wink But VISA is the preferred way to communicate with hardware...

5) VISA is the general way to talk to device. Serial/488 are "older" functions and (mostly) only needed for some special features. All the Serial functions are based on VISA and mainly there for compatibility with older LV code...

6) If the device is connected to COM1, then you should use VISA. See 5): Serial is based on VISA...

7) You can, but you don't have to.

😎 You can use them. But they probably are also based on some VISA functions. So it's up to you to use some predefined functions delivered by the device maker or to program your own VIs. Smiley Wink

9) In the device manual. RTFM!

Message Edited by GerdW on 01-16-2010 12:55 PM
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,337 Views)

Problem: When I use a VI RSNRTS Apllication Measurement Power that is in Example I have this ERROR:

10.JPG

i DON'T UNDERSTANT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM BECAUSE when I use other VI I don't have this problems.

Do u know why?

Thanks,
Vanny

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,335 Views)

Hi vanny,

as I don't have that specific VI, I can't say anything more than the error message...

Oh, wait: There is no device selected in the VISA session control Smiley Wink How should the VI know which device to talk to?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,333 Views)