From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why remote debugging of a stand alone application takes too much time - in case of image grabbing?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am create a executable file by LabVIEW build specifications which is only grab images and show in front panel. I am using a machine vision camera for that.

I am enable VI server and remote debugging while build the execuitable. Now the problem is when I am  connect the .exe file by remote debugging technique, the both clint and developer pc become very slow. The images are updated after a very long time whether the the camera is triggered  after 100 ms.

What is the reason behind this?

What is the solution?   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PratimBhattacharjee

I think it's because you're displaying the image/video on the front panel.

Having to send the contents of the image over the network for the debugging might take considerable CPU/network resources to package up the image on the front panel, compress it (if it does that) and send over the network.

Are you debugging remotely or on the same network? If the network connection is poor that will also have an impact.

You could try making the size of the image on the front panel smaller to see if that improves it? Maybe also try downscaling your image in the executable before displaying it (so it's displaying less data on the front panel).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,557 Views)

Hi,

I am using a 8 mbps internet connection and connect the two PC through wifi.

It increase speed when I am desable the image.

Is network connection (internet) is the main problem?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PratimBhattacharjee

Yes, it is very likely. If you're trying to remote debug the executable over the internet there is significantly increased latency (a few ms to 20ms-100ms) and your internet speed with have a big impact (e.g. 8mbps versus 100mbps on an ethernet connection).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,540 Views)