LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is using 100% of a CPU (1 out of 8) when it does nothing

Solved!
Go to solution

There is no VI running and LabVIEW is using 100% of CPU 7.

When I start LabVIEW, open a project.  Every thing is fine.  When I run the project no problem.  Once the project is stopped, CPU 7 goes to 100%.  I need to Quit LabVIEW to stop LabVIEW using the CPU.

I Created a VI to be sure that no VI is running crazy on my computer.  There is no VI running....  What the ...ck

Nitrof

100.pngAll Running VI.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,465 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nitrof

Are you leaving LabVIEW open for more than a day?

If yes, its a known issue. The workaround will please you! NOT

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13994/en#387557_by_Category

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 2 of 22
(3,456 Views)

It was an easy gain Kudo.

The solution please me a lot.  NOT

Thanks!

Message 3 of 22
(3,442 Views)

just restart LabVIEW  😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,430 Views)

this makes me a little concerned. i was about to upgrade everything to 2012....

just curious, does this only happen when you have labview open AND no VIs are running? does it still use 100% if you run a VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,382 Views)

here is the thread that originally created the CAR http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2012-runs-processor-up/td-p/2253108

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,349 Views)

Hi,

our R&D team is still aware of this issue, As you have done, please keep the CAR id as a reference when looking for bug fixes in furture releases.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,280 Views)

This is really annoying.  I often leave LabVIEW open to continue to trouble shoot the next day.  My laptop is heating the room.  LabVIEW is far from being Energy Star compliant.

Please NI address this issue soon.  LabVIEW contribution to global warming and it is not a joke.

It is the first time in my life that I realize that bad software can contribution to global warming.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,216 Views)

@Nitrof wrote:

This is really annoying.  I often leave LabVIEW open to continue to trouble shoot the next day.  My laptop is heating the room.  LabVIEW is far from being Energy Star compliant.

Please NI address this issue soon.  LabVIEW contribution to global warming and it is not a joke.

It is the first time in my life that I realize that bad software can contribution to global warming.

You aren't going to make them fix it any faster by ordering them to do it.  That attitude leads me to believe you were once an officer in the military.  😉

Anyway, I'm sure that is one bug they'd love to fix, but they either they haven't nailed it down yet, or the problem lies so deeply within the code that they are afraid to fix it.  I'm kind of leaning towards tha latter explanation.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,197 Views)

If ordering them to do it doesn't expedite things, how bout this...I'll hand deliver a dozen (or more) kolaches from West to NI headquarters if this makes it into LabVIEW 2013...now your stomach wants you to fix this bug...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,184 Views)