Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my VI not taking enough points?

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is the properly working VI.

Changes since last post:
-replaced while loop (which took 3,000 points 10 times) with a for-loop (which takes 1 point 30,000 times)

This was what solved the issue. I still do not fully grasp why. However, it is notable that when the loops are removed, and the program is told instead to take 30,000 points all in one go, the same issue arose with a sweep time of ~0.8 seconds. This linear response leads me to beleive that it has something to do with the logging time exceeding a certain threshold that the DAQmx Logging VI cannot handle. I have not yet investigated further.

-removed local variables and changed stacked sequence to flat sequence as suggested.

-removed write to spreadsheet and the intermediate graph (on the front pannel only) as these were for testing and debugging puposes only.

Message 11 of 12
(247 Views)

You did good improvement to the VI, still, room for further improvement.

Next step should be: Remove the complete sequence structure. No need for it.

Easiest way to do this:
Simply remove the second TDMS file as the first already contains timing information!

How to prove this:

1. Please open up the Example Finder (Help >> Find Examples). Use LV 2013!!

2. Search for and open the example "Voltage - Finite Input.vi" (Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Analog Input)

3. Review the block diagram. It is, more or less, exactly what you want to do. Configure it as you require it, esp. the logging (Path and Logging Mode).

4. Run it.

5. Open a new VI, change to the block diagram.

6. Open the QuickDrop (Ctrl+Space) and type "TDMS fi". You should get the "TDMS File Viewer" as first hit in the list. Pick it and drop in on the block diagram.

7. Run the new VI. Select the TDMS file you created in step 4. Look for the timing information and check that the graphical view has a valid time axis.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 12 of 12
(223 Views)