LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why get Error -201314 when measure two counters simultaneously

Hi,

I measure two PWM signals with "Counter Pulse width".  For synchronization two counters I am using analog task.

Sometimes I'm get Error -20134. Everybodey know where is a problem.

Thank you for replay.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,586 Views)

Hello KlemenTrpin,

Did you maybe try the solution presented in the following KnowledgeBase: Error -201314 Received in Counter Sample Clock Buffered Pulse Measurements?

It might also be helpful if you gave more details about the hardware and software configuration you are using.

Piotr
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,531 Views)

I am using NI USB 6361 X Series.

Please find attached file wher you can enable or disable arm trigger. If arm triger is disabled error doesn't appear otherwise error -201314 is appear.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,506 Views)

I have just successfully run the last example you provided on my X series card (both with Arm Triggers enabled and disabled) without any errors. 

Considering the probable causes of the specific error you reported I would like to ask you to provide me with some additional data:

1. Do you get the -201314 error from both DAQmx Read VIs or maybe only from one?

2. What exact signals are you providing on terminals: Ctr1, Ctr2, PFI3, PFI4? (BTW, have you tried setting the PulseWidth terminal for Ctr2 as PFI0 insterad of PFI4?). It would be the most beneficial to specify the absolute timing relations in between the signals you feed to the counters. 

The error you got would occurr if you routed signals in such a way that the first sample clock pulse comes before the first cycle of the input pulse signal has finished. You need to be careful to ensure that this is not the case in your application.

Piotr
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,446 Views)