LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the U32 conversion vi truncate my number to 28 bits?

I'm having trouble with the U32 conversion VI in Labview PDA.  I'm trying to converate a double floating point number to a unsigned 32 bit hexadecimal number.  However, the U32 conversion appears to be discarding the upper nibble of the number.  I've attached a simple example which reproduces the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,914 Views)
I don't understand the reasons, but it is behaving as you described.  My system: Dell Axim X51v, Windows Mobile 5.0 a4, LabVIEW 8.0.1 with LabVIEW PDA 8.0.1 update.

I'll lurk for any answer you find.

Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,899 Views)

I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end with I32s and U32s so I have filed a corrective action on the issue. This is a bug that I will let everyone know if there is any type of work around or solution found. Thanks

Tyler H.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,861 Views)

I found that I could insert a "round to - infinity" vi between the divide VI and the U32 conversion VI and avoid the problem.   It seems the U32 conversion VI screws up when the input has a fractional portion.  It's supposed to truncate the fractional portion, but apparently that's not all it's truncating.

I think I'm up and running using this solution.  However, if there's a patch to correct the problem in the future, please let me know about it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,846 Views)