LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does not work my executable?

Hello all, and thanks in advance!

I did in labview a project consisting in my own card (it was did for my lab) that it's connected  through a digital analog converter (ADS 1256) with a comercial card of freescale (MC56F8037).

In the program, I will recreate an input signal with a certain potential difference, and the result will be four graphs.

Using Labview (8.5 and 2011) the program works but when I do the executable and I tested it on the same PC, does not work as it should, It doesn't recognizes that the card is connected through the COM port, and the input data is not stored properly.

In the program, the differents values of the signal are elected in Experiment>Settings, and in File> Preference you can select the port COM.

Have you any idea that I can be doing wrong?

I attached a zip with all my vi's and files.

I really need help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,840 Views)

Sorry for not putting it before, but I forgot it,

Also I have the problem that I think a computer with a resolution, and when I go to another with a different resolution, objects do not look like they should.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,834 Views)

You can start debugging your executable by verifying that the path's you have scattered all over your application are correct after you build the executable.

For example, place dialogs or indicators popping up showing the paths when you run the executable. See where I marked with the red circle. Figure out yourself where the rest should be placed.

Paths.JPG

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,828 Views)

Thanks for your answer Roger.

I checked the configuration file path and is correct, my settings.ini file is there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,815 Views)

Follow the procedure and check all path's all-around the VI. Path's is a very common issue for problems in exe's.

When you have debugged that and it still does not work, then use the diagram-disable structure to break down the problem by a "divide and conquer"-approach.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,804 Views)

Ok, thanks roger, i will do that.
by the way, I am using a USB port but I configured it as a serial port, can it be the problem with the .exe?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,793 Views)

@DSouto wrote:

Ok, thanks roger, i will do that.
by the way, I am using a USB port but I configured it as a serial port, can it be the problem with the .exe?

Try to isolate the issue by removing all code unrelated to the COM/USB calls. Then you will know.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,791 Views)

@DSouto wrote:

Sorry for not putting it before, but I forgot it,

Also I have the problem that I think a computer with a resolution, and when I go to another with a different resolution, objects do not look like they should.

thanks

You have more issues tthan that

Untitled.png

You can't run without a top level vi.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,773 Views)

I have not opened your code, but a common problem with VISA & executables is the missing VISA drivers from the build. 

In the installer, under "Additional Installers", make sure there is a checkmark next to the "NI-VISA Runtime..." and "NI-VISA Server...".  In my case, it is NI-VISA Runtime 5.0.  You'll be offered the appropriate version.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,767 Views)

Thanks for your answer also Ray,

If i test the standalone application in the same computer that I did the program in LabView, I need to install something? this is not  for try to run it in other PC?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,762 Views)