LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my numeric control flicker?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the most simple VI attached to demonstrate this problem. Why does my numeric control flicker?

More importantly, how can I stop this annoying flickering?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,446 Views)

It doesn't appear to flicker when I run your VI.

Issues with your video driver?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,439 Views)

Not an issue with video driver "probably", as it happens on three separate machines, all running the latest Windows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,437 Views)

just to confirm, I also see the flicker. I'm wondering if it's some sort of screen refresh you're seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,433 Views)

And do those machines all use the same video driver?  Do you have a machine that has an older version of Windows?

All I can tell you is that it is not a problem with your code because on my machine (Vista with LV11), that is one data point showing that it works okay.  Maybe a few other people can attempt your code and will weigh in whether it works for them or not.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmihura

Why is the indicator set to "Synchronous display"? Turn that off!

Where did that indicator come from, specifically, why does it turn blue if I color the background transparent???

Have you tried selecting a specific font that is guaranteed to be available on all computers?

Message 6 of 11
(3,427 Views)

Flicker FREE for me, W7 64 bit with a high end video card.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,414 Views)

OK I have re-built it from scratch, and am happy with it. Don't waste your time on it, but why did my original code not work? Again, don't waste your time on it unless you want $100 PayPal and waste a lot of time on these forums.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,412 Views)

I don't consider my time on the forum wasted. I learn a lot here.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,404 Views)

@bmihura wrote:

Again, don't waste your time on it unless you want $100 PayPal and waste a lot of time on these forums.

Sorry, not to be rude, but what the hell does this mean?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,392 Views)