LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my mouse slow down when using LabVIEW 8.5?

Solved!
Go to solution
I've noticed that whenever LV 8.5 is the active program in Windows, my mouse moves much slower.  It's not the type of slow where it seems like the system is hanging, but as if I had gone into the mouse settings in the control panel and decreased the speed.  I just opened up 8.2 to see if it happened there and it didn't, it only happens in 8.5.  I couldn't find any settings for this anywhere in LabVIEW.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,026 Views)
So you can minimize LabVIEW 8.5 and the speed returns to normal?  What operating system are you using?

Trey B | Applications Engineering | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TopherA
I noticed this once with Google Earth. Turns out my mouse drivers were set to disable acceleration in games. This slowed the mouse down when Google Earth was in focus. I'm not sure if any drivers treat LabVIEW as a game, but it's worth a look.

Message Edited by Marc A on 09-28-2007 11:41 AM

Message 3 of 14
(3,990 Views)

@TreyB_NI wrote:
So you can minimize LabVIEW 8.5 and the speed returns to normal?  What operating system are you using?

Yes, if I minimize LabVIEW (or switch to another program), my mouse speed returns to normal.  I'm running Windows XP w/ SP2, and using a Logitech Trackman Wheel.

@marc A wrote:
I noticed this once with Google Earth. Turns out my mouse drivers were set to disable acceleration in games. This slowed the mouse down when Google Earth was in focus. I'm not sure if any drivers treat LabVIEW as a game, but it's worth a look.

Your fix worked for me.  I turned off the "Disable Acceleration in Games" setting and it worked great.  I don't program at home, so it's not an issue for me, but I imagine this could be an annoyance for anybody out there that also does any gaming.  Just an idea for NI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,973 Views)
Just for my information, what kind of mouse drivers are you using?

(I don't see this option in the plain vanilla mouse driver built into windows.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,968 Views)
I'm using Logitech drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,928 Views)

Can LabVIEW work with Logitech Trackman mouse?

I am using LabVIEW2011 and can not use scroll button of the mouse in LV. But another model of Logitech trackball mouse works fine with LabVIEW.

Any idea?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,376 Views)

Maybe you customized the behavior of the scroll button. What kind of options do you see in the mouse configuration control panel?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,369 Views)

My old Logitech trackball mouse has a scroll wheel, but this new one doesn't. It has a button can be configured as a Universal Scroll or Auto Scroll, click the button then turn the wheel, it  suppose to work as same as a scroll wheel. Both configuration don't work for LB but  it works with IE, Windows Explorer, etc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,367 Views)

What is LB?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,362 Views)