LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Q&R take doubles if it can't handle them properly?

No reason to yell at me Gerd, I was just too slow with posting Smiley Happy I was answering your first post while you made your second one so I didn't read it until after I posted.

I'd love to account for the precision by using integer values, but for some reason they cannot have units, which made me choose floating point to begin with.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(561 Views)

@max_ wrote:

No reason to yell at me Gerd, I was just too slow with posting Smiley Happy I was answering your first post while you made your second one so I didn't read it until after I posted.

I'd love to account for the precision by using integer values, but for some reason they cannot have units, which made me choose floating point to begin with.

Numbers with units are internally stored in the SI base unit equivalent.  integer Centimeters or pSec for example make absolutely no sence as Meters and seconds.  Units are too fragile for anything other than floating point representations.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(553 Views)

I too got excited when I first learned about units.  "Oh how fantastic, something I don't need to worry about that LabVIEW can do for me." But in reality I kept hitting road blocks where some functions were supported, or changing display options had issues.  In the end I dealt with changing units seldom enough that I just stick to an SI, or write my own code to convert.  I hope they work out for your uses.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(533 Views)