LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the results between the OCR in the Vision Assistant and OCR in a VI generated from the vision assistant might defer?

Hi everybody,

I had a problem while I was trying to run OCR on my image in my LabVIEW code. The algorithm did not detected what I was expecting on the image.

I decided to run the test on the vision assistant and it worked perfectly: I got the expected results.#

I assumed then that my code had different parameters, so I decided to generate a VI from the vision asssistant and run it on LabVIEW for the same image, just to verify.I did not change anything on the VI (all parameters are the same), and I used the same image. Surprinsingly the results are different between the assistant and the VI. That strikes me a lot! I have checked alll possible configurable parameters and they have the same values as in the Vision assistant. Does anybody have an idea about what could be the reason of this behaviour?  Thanks

Regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,580 Views)

Esteban,

do you use the same images for OCR? Or do you take a new snap shot before running the OCR?

What steps of debugging did you use in LV?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,503 Views)

Hey Norbert,

Yes, I use exactly the same image. In the vision assitant I open it from the disk (in the menu) and run the OCR. 

In LabVIEW I load it as well from the disk and run it. 

For debugging indeed can´t do much. I checked that all properties are the same as in the Vision assistant. 

I´m wondering if somehow it´s related to the character file.  Any ideas?

Did you take a look at the files I uploaded?

Best regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,499 Views)