LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the results between the OCR in the Vision Assistant and a VI generated from the vision assistant might defer?

Hi everybody,

I had a problem while I was trying to run OCR on my image in my LabVIEW code. The algorithm did not detected what I was expecting on the image.

I decided to run the test on the vision assistant and it worked perfectly: I got the expected results.#

I assumed then that my code had different parameters, so I decided to generate a VI from the vision asssistant and run it on LabVIEW for the same image, just to verify.I did not change anything on the VI (all parameters are the same), and I used the same image. Surprinsingly the results are different between the assistant and the VI. That strikes me a lot! I have checked alll possible configurable parameters and they have the same values as in the Vision assistant. Does anybody have an idea about what could be the reason of this behaviour?  Thanks

Regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,058 Views)

Hi Esteban,

thanks for your request.

Please provide a sample image and VI to reproduce this.

Which Versions of LabVIEW and the Vision Development Module do you use?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,029 Views)

Hi Peter,

Please find attached the image, the character set, and the Vision Script. The expected results are a "?" and a "I" as you can observe in the script.
If you generate the VI and add a indicator to the character report, you would see that nothing is detected.
I am working with LabVIEW 2013, howver, a friend of mine observed the same problem in LabVIEW 2014.
Thanks

Regards,
Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,012 Views)

Hi Esteban,

I tested your code but neither the script, nor the VI give any valid result.

Could you please test this once again and send me screenshots of how it looks like on your system?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,994 Views)

Hi Peter, 

Strange. It runs here. Attached the screeshot you requested.

Regards,

Esteban

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,986 Views)