LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do tasks exist in VI Logger that don't appear in Data Neighborhood?

Using MAX 4.0, channels I created stopped showing up in the Data Neighborhood. But I could select the channel in VI Logger. Figured it was an error and reinstalled to MAX 4.1. Now when I create channels they show up in the Data Neighborhood and VI Logger. But the channels previously created also still appear in VI Logger only. How can I delete these channels?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,223 Views)
Hi J18P,

What happens when you right click the VI Logger Task and select "Delete Task" ?  Do you get an error message of some kind?  Also what version of VI Logger do you have?  Are you using VI Logger Lite or the Full version? 

You said that you reinstalled to MAX 4.1.  Did you also reinstall VI Logger Lite itself?  Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,202 Views)
Hi Jeff,

No error message when deleting Logger Tasks. I was able to delete those no problem, but when I created a new Logger Task the invisible NI-DAQmx Tasks appeared as selectable options. All together I created 3 "invisible" NI-DAQmx task. Even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling MAX I was still able to see them in VI Logger but not in the the neighborhood. I finally got rid of them by Resetting NI-DAQmx Configuration.

I believe the original cause was a MAX 4.0 error. After I uninstalled and reinstalled with MAX 4.1 the first time it stopped CREATING these channels, it just didn't kill the channels created with during the error.

Thanks,
Paul Freiwald
Senior Test Engineer
Parker Hanninfin Corp.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,187 Views)