LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do event structures trigger duplicate events for value changed, sometimes?

In this simple VI, an event structure is used to trap a value change within a color array.

However, when you run the VI and change a color, it triggers the event structure twice.  The second time the structure executes under the value change event, an impossible state exists where the structure is executing as if oldVal<>newVal, but they are in fact, equal.

I have had to write around this many times.  Why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,937 Views)
I agree this behavior is wrong. Looks like a bug that is unique to colorbox constants. It does not happen if you replace them with numerics.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,930 Views)
Yes - I haven't tested all types of controls, but I know that most controls do not behave the same.  This is probably a bug.  I'm just trying to get confirmation from a support engineer that it's not something else that I've missed...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,909 Views)
For completeness, I reported it also in the February bug thread, so it should get noticed: 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,900 Views)
And just to add something else that it should not do. If you click on it, it should open the color picker pallete what it should not do is fire the event if you click off in space somewhere and not actually change the color (which it does) which means they are triggering off of some type of mouse event.  This could be an annoying bug.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,892 Views)

Hello,

This has been filed under CAR ID: 42FC9DIQ.

Best Regards,

JLS

Standard Response:

"This was reported to R&D (42FC9DIQ CAR ID) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback!"

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
Message 6 of 9
(3,875 Views)

I just checked this in 2011 - it's still there! Surely this ought to have been fixed by now!!??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,133 Views)

@Tournifreak wrote:

I just checked this in 2011 - it's still there! Surely this ought to have been fixed by now!!??

Its not there in 2012!  Huzza!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,121 Views)

Jeff is correct - CAR 382786 was fixed in 2012, but not included in the bug fix list.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,078 Views)