From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did this disable structure encapsulate the for-loop I'm trying to drop it in?

Solved!
Go to solution

In the middle of coding and debugging I noticed something weird...  now im just curious/

Here's what happened (warning audio may be a little loud, fans pumping in a warehouse im in...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC9BKJ0CwmY

I'm really just curious why this is happening - it looks like there was the default "make sure you wire the error" note behind the for loop which the disable struc overlapped a little bit...

Why did the disable struc I first dropped in this video grab the whole for loop?

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author plyons.gks

You have that label decoration on your block diagram behind your For loop. When you place the new case structure, it grabs that label which is outside the For loop. This forces the case structure to take the loop too, since that's the only way to grab the property node and the label.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 4
(2,688 Views)

I didn't notice the note behind the for loop until I already uploaded the video, and it looks like that is the cause- I gues this behavior is just due to LV realizing that the note is within the user defined size of the disabled struc I was dropping... So could I say it grabs the for loop as well just because it's on a "layer" between the disabled struc and the note?

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,664 Views)
Yeah, I wouldn't call it a layer though. Just the only way to grab both things, one outside loop one inside loop, is to grab the loop too.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 4 of 4
(2,641 Views)