From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I always asked "Select the item to load from the list below" on every launch?

Each time I launch my VI main_calibration_v2.vi from it's project PoC_allCards I get the following error message. if i launch the VI VI main_calibration_v2.vi from Windows it's fine though.

How to fix and not have this message launch??

errorMsg.png

Note - If I delete the VI main_calibration_v2.vi from the Project and then re-add it I still get the same error message

justinmreina@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,026 Views)

Did you save the project after loading the VI from the new location? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,013 Views)

nope XX(

justinmreina@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,946 Views)

What happens when you load a project: the project thinks it knows where certain VIs are that have been added to the project hierarchy. The VI, on the other hand, might have loaded those same VIs from a different location. When you open the VI in the project and there is a mismatch, it shows you this window.

Once you choose what you want in this window, the references get updated and now both the project and the VI are in agreement. If you save the project file, it will then forever know the now-matching load path.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,926 Views)

You're running into cross linking.  I'd suspect the VI has a relative path it expects the subVI to be in.  You have a different relative path the project expects it to be in. When you open the project, it can't find the VI where it expects.  But, you also have a dependency loading due to the VI knowing where it's at.  At that point, you have two of the same VI in the project, you've created a conflict, and it's asking you to resolve it.  You resolve it.  Then, you decide you didn't care for that effort and don't save the project.  Your work goes away.

Rinse and repeat.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,917 Views)