LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why NI 1742 camera powers up very slowly?

Hello,

I have programmed about 10 different vbais with NI Vision Builder. I pass results of those into a LV program. Almost everything works fine. My main concern is the time after camera gets its power. It takes about 90 seconds to get everything ready for the measurements. Is there any solution to make this process faster? What takes so much time between power up and ready state? Loading vbais?

Thanks for any help!

BR,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,210 Views)

The 174x Smart Cams need almost 60sec to boot. In my case I ran a 1742 with VBAI which took arround 65 seconds until I got the first value of a shared variable which got writen from the inspection.

So the 30 additional seconds you see might come from loading your inspection. Since you are using VBAI as far as I know there is no software component which could be deinstalled or deactivated to fasten up the boot time. The only thing you could give a try is to format and reinstall the Smart Cameras Software - but don't forget to backup your inspections before.

However, this might be just 10 seconds or something like that.

Of course you could use a 177x (1.6GHz Atom) Smart Camera instead which is way more powerfull then the 1742 (533Mhz PowerPC).

Christian

Message 2 of 4
(2,198 Views)

Just as a point of reference the 177x took about 50 seconds to boot and load VBAI. Loading inspections would add to this time. The EVS takes about 40 seconds to boot and load VBAI.

Message 3 of 4
(2,194 Views)

I found out that you can add an INI token to make loading of VBAI faster. On the RT target, edit the Vision Builder.ini and add:

PreloadPlugins = False

in the [Settings] section. This will not load every single plugin, which will make the application load much faster, but the first inspection you load, will take longer. The plugins are cached, so only the first inspection load time will be affected assuming all your inspections have similar steps.

Hope this helps,

Brad 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,179 Views)