From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I cann't find IMAQ WindDraw.vi??

Each time, I open a vi file, It search for the IMAQ WindDraw.vi, but can't find it,Why? Something wrong with my LabView or for other reasons?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,298 Views)
The details are a little sketchy, but I'll put out a couple things that might be going on...

I'm assuming that you can find the VI manually. Therefore what you need to do is open everything and find the "missing" VI. Once everything is open, do a Save All.

One possible issue is that to speed loading, LV stores the link to a subVI and the last known path to it. Problem arise however, if during a load it can't find a subVI in the last known place. LV immediately starts doing a search. Eventually, if it can't find it, LV puts up a dialog box asking you to find it manually.

Once you find the VI, LV relinks to the VI in the new location. However, this new path doesn't get changed unless you do a save.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Thanks much. But I think the main reason is that IMAQ Vision is not installed in my coumputer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Yes, that would make it difficult to find
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,298 Views)
...and you only came up with one file missing?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,298 Views)
Yes only this file. Nothing else.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,299 Views)
The problem you have has got to do with the sequence you installed the programs. If you install the real-time module as last, then you've got this problem with the WindDraw block (NIVision.dll). A simple reinstall of everything will do the trick. (I know, I've had the same problem 😉 )
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,282 Views)