LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can't create an installer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am creating an installer for my application but I get the following error when building it.

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> CDK_Engine_PreBuild.vi >> CDK_Validate_DistParts.vi >> CDK_DistParts_GetInstalledProducts.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFProdInfoList_Open.vi

Also, the Additional Installers List is empty.

I have read many other posts but none has given a definite solution.  I already repaired my intallation of LabView 8.5 and it did not solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,124 Views)

jarc15 wrote:

Also, the Additional Installers List is empty.

I think this is the key to the problem. I suspect some software you installed after LabVIEW (prior to you trying a repair) screwed up the list. Do you remember what you installed after installing LabVIEW?

A last resort would be to do a complete uninstall of all NI software and then reinstall. A last last resort would be to uninstall, use MSIBlast, and then reinstall.  Note: I'm not suggesting to do the above steps, but you might as well know about them should everything else fail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,101 Views)

Thank you for the answer.  I did not install software after LabView 8.5, but I did install a Trial Version od LabView 8.6, and the Visa4.2 Sotware a couple of weeks BEFORE.  Do you think that may be the problem?

Can I uninstall everything without using the software you mentioned?

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,092 Views)
If you want to try to uninstall the NI software you can do so from the Add/Remove Programs. MSIBlast is only intended to be used if the uninstallation fails in some way and stuff gets left behind.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jarc15

OK, this is the solution that worked for me.  Thank you for your help.

-Using msiBlast, unistall EVERY NI product.  It took me about 3 hours.

-Remove the register trees mentioned in the link above.

- Run a clean up software, in my case Vaio Care.

- Reinitalize

- Reinstall Lab View BEFORE anything else (VISA, anything)

- And there you go!

Apparently, having installed the 8.6 version before did something to the 8.5 version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,030 Views)