From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Do I Receive Error Code -201390?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am getting the error -201390 and I could not find information about it on the internet.

It only appears after many hours of execution of the software (normally about a week). The software keeps running (at least the display of the clock does not stop, but the sensors are not read). As "source" LabVIEW displays something like "VI_Name.vi <append> <B> Task Name: </B> _unnamedTask <1>".

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,701 Views)

That error means that a network connection was lost.  What are you trying to communicate with?  How often are you communicating with it?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 10
(4,686 Views)

I'm communicating with an NI cDAQ- 9188 and the software is always communicating with it because it is part of a monitoring system.

Maybe I should review the network configurations.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,680 Views)

After you get this error, are you able to just run your program again and have it work? It could just be a momentary loss but if it isn't there might be other ways to get information about the state of the system when it receives this error.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 10
(4,636 Views)

Yes, I simply stop it by pressing the "abort execution" button and after I press the "run" button and everything works normally and well. I do not need to close and open the program again.

Could you indicate what are the other ways of getting information about the state of the system when it receives this error?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brosandi

So it sounds like a simple network hiccup.  What you should do is detect that error and close the DAQmx task and then reinitialize the task to get it running again.  Then you just continue as normal.  If you have a good state machine architecture, this is a very simple fix.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 10
(4,606 Views)

ok, but that solution isn't going to provoke a loss of data, even for a few milliseconds or seconds, is it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,599 Views)

@brosandi wrote:

ok, but that solution isn't going to provoke a loss of data, even for a few milliseconds or seconds, is it?

When you get this error, you are losing data regardless.  At least automatically recovering will result in less loss of data than aborting and restarting manually.

GCentral
Message 8 of 10
(4,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brosandi

Some switches automatically periodically disconnect connections and reconnect to test the network layout. This is to test the network layout for network communication optimisation, are you directly connected to the cDAQ or a network?

If through a network, do you know what switches and routers are within the network? If so, I would look into their documentation and see if they do perform this function.

Message 9 of 10
(4,562 Views)

I'm connected to a network. I will try to check it and implement the crossrulz's suggestion.

Once again, thanks a lot for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,536 Views)