LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which window is in front?

Greetings,

Using LV 7.1. My app uses windows that cover the entire screen. I have various dialog windows that will pop up in front of the current window.

Here is the problem: A dialog window has opened in which the user must enter a filename. Meanwhile, a problem occures in the process which will open another dialog window. The 2nd dialog window opens behind the main gui window. When the user has finished with the first dialog window he becomes stuck because he can't see the 2nd dialog window( the 2nd window was set to default for display). If I set the 2nd dialog window to modal, then the 2nd window comes to the front BUT the first dialog is still the active window so the user can't respond on the 2nd window.

Certainly, the windows can be dragged out of the way but I want the 2nd dialog window to move to the front after the 1st one is satisfied.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,643 Views)

Hi Nick,

You can use Call by reference  node to dynamically call the Sub vi's.

By using this u can achieve ur requirement .

Check out Dynamic Load Example.vi in Example finder.

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,643 Views)

Thanks Venky,

I will review this example in depth....not something I've used before.

These dialog boxes pop up from separate while loops....will this be a problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,634 Views)

Hi Nick,

Can u upload ur code for more clarity?

Rgds,

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,627 Views)

Venky,

I put in a request to the client to upload this code and they didn't want to do that.

I haven't had a chance to look at the dynamic loading. It's like these dialogs need to be qued.

Anyway, I won't be able to work on this code until next weekend.

Thanks for the help,

-Nick

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,585 Views)