LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card can I use to develop SPI communication with Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

As for Labview programming, the USB-8451 comes with a library that you can use to configure the card for SPI or I2C, and to communicate with your endpoint device.  You will have to learn Labview, but you won't have to create your own SPI subvi's.  This is a tremendous time savings.  The extra cost of this card is well worth the price because of the time savings in code development.  I talk from experience, I've used this device in the past for both SPI and I2C.  In the future, if you ever use I2C, don't forget to install the pull-up resistors (its in the documentation).

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(808 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to control an bq76pl536 evm board from TI via SPI using an Aardvark device but it seems I am not able to set the communication properly. Can anybody provide an example in Labview please? Even it seems it is very easy to use the Aarvark driver I am not able to get responses from the bq76pl536 evm board.

Thank you!

Nicolae 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(559 Views)

Start a new topic, this one is 4 years old and not related to what you are asking about.

EDIT:  But to be on topic I'd like to add that the LIFA toolkit has a SPI and I2C section on the palette for using SPI on an Arduino and it seems to work quite well.  I developed code that could work with an Arduino or USB 8451.  Both did the job but an Uno is $20-$30.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(542 Views)

Thank you Hooovahh,

But for my project is required Aardvark and because I didn't see to meny related topics my hope was to get some quick help from somebody with experience and I knew that a reply is automatically sent to all participants on this discussion.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(530 Views)