LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FPGA I/O corresponds to which C-series I/O?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI-7813R with connectors 0 and 3 connected to a chassis with C-series modules in them (9474, 9205, 9206, and 9423).  I want to know which I/O corresponds to which I/O on these chassis.

All I know from my FPGA project (which was not written by me) are which channels of each C-series module are used but I do not know which DIO channels they correspond with on the FPGA.  For example, I may be using channels 0-31 of the 9205, but which of the 68 channels on connecter 0 of the FPGA does that correspond with?

Does any one know how you can tell this?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joedowdle

joedowdle wrote

I want to know which I/O corresponds to which I/O on these chassis.

Why do you want to know that? When using Connector0 for the expansion chassis, the IOs of Connector0 are not available in the project anymore, instead the expansion chassis and it's module can be configured as explaind here. Also have a look at this thread.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,562 Views)

Meant to click reply, not solution...

Anyway, the reason I want to know is because I'm using the FPGA with VeriStand and I don't know much about it.  I want to create a list of aliases for all the FPGA channels and I'm not sure how to point the addresses in the right place. This question goes along with another one that I asked, but I thought that asking this way may give me the answer I was looking for as well.  Within the FPGA project I can clearly see how it does not make a difference but when I look through the hardware portion in the system explorer of VeriStand I can't directly access those channels in a sense.  I only can "see" the FPGA's and not the chassis and cards it is connected to.

I hope it is clear what I am trying to get at.  It could be very simple; I just haven't been able to wrap my head around it yet.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,551 Views)

In that case you need the project of the FPGA Personality to see which IO corresponds to wich Connector/Module/IO of the Chassis.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,541 Views)
How do you get the FPGA personality? I'm new to working with these FPGAs. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,534 Views)

Hi,

you can find the NI veristand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tool here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13815

With this Toolkit you can simply create your own FPGA Personality. But if your Veristand Channels don't have an  appropriate name to the FPGA I/O you also need the FPGA project (of your colleague) to find this out.

Cheers

Message 6 of 7
(2,529 Views)

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,514 Views)