From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would to know how is it possible to import data from txt file into columns if i have lines like V=0.1 mL; pH=1.4019;

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,715 Views)

Start with the Examples that are included with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,714 Views)

The function "Read From Spreadsheet File" on the File I/O pallette would be a good place to start.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,672 Views)

Could anyone write me a sample program how to import this data into a table and perform math operations on them, please

I would appreciate it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,643 Views)

Sure, how much are you willing to pay per hour? Smiley Wink

Did you even try anything yourself? Looking at the examples or looking at the file/string functions?

Message 5 of 15
(2,636 Views)

yep i tried, but the problem is, that i couldn't manage how to import data into the table, because it has numbers and string, the best i've got is just two numbers and thats all..

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,632 Views)

Obviously if you want to do math you're going to have to use numeric data types.

The strings seem to be always the same, do you really need them? If so you could create 2 arrays, one with descriptors (strings) and a second one with the numbers (DBL).

Have a look at the scan from string or scan from file functions. These can handle strings and numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,624 Views)

start with NI LabVIEW 101...Smiley Wink

then look at the "string" and "string/number conversion" pallet, ultimately it all has to be converted to a string file..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,622 Views)

Thanks guys, that was very helpful!

Is it possible to multiply number by 10 to the third power?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,564 Views)

Senobim wrote:

Is it possible to multiply number by 10 to the third power?

Multiply by 1000?  Look in the numeric palette and you will see a quite obvious multiply node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,560 Views)