LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download DAQmx 9.1.5

Solved!
Go to solution

According to this page, there is a 9.1.5 version of DAQmx. I cannot find where to download it. I found 9.1.1 and 9.2, but not 9.1.5.

I need this in order to keep compatibility on my system between 8.2 applications and 2010 applications.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
--

Brian Rose
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(5,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mister_Rose

That chart is incorrect.  NI-DAQmx 9.1.5 does not support LabVIEW 8.2.  It only supports LabVIEW 8.5, 8.6, 2009, and 2010.  There is not a version of DAQmx that supports both 8.2 and 2010.  I apologize for the confusion, I will have someone update that chart.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,636 Views)

The only place that I have found it was in the ELVIS package download. I downloaded that and I see that there a bunch of DAQ folders in the "Products" folder of the installer.

What do I need to install in order to get DAQmx Installed? Can I just install these? Should I also include MAX?

NI-DAQmx

NI-DAQmx_Config

NI-DAQmx_Core

--

Brian Rose
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,630 Views)

Those three components are the ones you should install.  NI_DAQmx_Config will install MAX.

Please note, this will remove support in LabVIEW 8.2, as 8.5 is the oldest supported version.

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(5,623 Views)

Seth,

The DAQmx 9.1.5 readme (june 2010 edition) shows that labview 8.2-2010 is supported with this driver version. It should be updated/ changed to show what  you have discussed here. (8.2 is in fact not supported by 9.1.5).

<Joel Khan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | Rice University BSEE>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,609 Views)

So the question still stands....where do you download verison 9.1.5? I'm trying to support a customer and I can't even find the readme on-line for this driver version.

Joel, where did you get access to this readme file and can you provide a link?

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(5,069 Views)

Hello Craig,

NI-DAQmx 9.1.5 was pulled from the web due to an issue we found with regards to hardware identification when certain HP products were installed.

NI-DAQmx 9.1.7 is virtually identical with the exception of a fix for the above issue (DAQmx 9.1.6 enabled support for a single academic device).

Regards,

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(5,067 Views)

Wow, thats disappointing. I think a better approach would have been to disable the download but leave the readme and known issues documents online so people can find support for the version of driver. I feel like removing the download all together is like pretending it never existed when there are in fact people still using this driver version.

I've attached the read me file.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,061 Views)

I came across board this while doing a search.  It's the closest thing I could find (quickly) to ask a similar question.

Where can I download a driver for PCI-6503, Windows XP or Win 7, that isn't a 1.5GIG download?

I can't believe it will take 1+ gig to drive this board (which I am buying surplus).

I wish to interface with the board using C/C++.  I also wish to use it as a learning tool for writing a my own driver based on the RLP model.

Isn't there a download for a driver that will handle this, which won't saturate my bandwidth for hours (or days)?

Even the "nimhddk_windowsWDM" download is reasonable size, but the INF doesn't have the 6503 card, or the PID listed in it (0x17d0), so I assume that the package doesn't work with the 6503 board.

In fact, everything I've searched doesn't have any reference to tutorials to intros to the PCI-6503 board from the driver point of view.  (I have the user manual 374938b.pdf, and a handful of other docs)

Where would I find such a sample driver?

Thanks,

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,210 Views)
If you wish to develop with DAQmx, then you need to install the full driver. It will include support for various languages and include example programs. Deployment would only require the much smaller core version.

I don't know what is or what isn't supported in the ddk, sorry.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,204 Views)