From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the PID (FPGA) Express VI?

I have LabVIEW 2013 RT and LabVIEW FPGA installed on my Windows 7 machine.  Which palette is the PID (FPGA) Express VI on?  I have looked on both the RT and the FPGA palettes.  I have looked for the example C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\examples\control\PID\fpga llb\CompactRIO.  The example is not on my machine. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,853 Views)

At least in LabVIEW 2012, it's under FPGA Math & Analysis -> Control. Sorry, can't check under 2013 right now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,851 Views)

I don't have an FPGA Math & Analysis -> Control on 2012 or 2013.  Maybe I failed to load everything I need.  Here is my palette.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,828 Views)

Untitled.gifHere is the palette.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,819 Views)

Please see the Note in the PID (FPGA) Express VI help:

"This express VI is available only if you install both the LabVIEW PID and and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit and the LabVIEW FPGA Module."

You'll need to install both toolkits in order to get the PID (FPGA) Express VI.

Edit: Your image of the palette didn't show up for me the first time, but now it looks like you are looking at the palette under the RT target and not the FPGA target. If you open a VI under the FPGA target, you should see the FPGA Math & Analysis palette.

Donovan
Message 5 of 7
(2,817 Views)

It's not under the FPGA Interface palette. To see it, you must be working in the block diagram for a VI that is loaded under an FPGA target. The FPGA Math & Analysis palette is directly on the programming palette, and there is a Control palette under it.

Have you tried searching the palettes for PID, using the search button in the upper right of the palette?

Message 6 of 7
(2,813 Views)

Thanks.  It does show on a vi under the FPGA Target.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,808 Views)