LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Function"Open File+.vi"

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello: Where is the Function"Open File+.vi",I can't find it in Labview function lib. Please help me where it is ?Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,773 Views)

Why do you have this question?

Is it that you are working through a workshop which instructs you to look for this vi? Is it because you have a code where this vi is missing?

I am not aware of any "Open File+" vi in standard LV, so i guess it is part of some additional library which was used when creating another vi.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,768 Views)
Hello Norbert: yeah ,i have a code where this vi is exist. and I try to use this vi ,which is very good. So i want to use this "Open File+.vi" when i program next time . but i don't know where it is from?do you have way to find this vi hide path ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,763 Views)

When you load the calling VI, there should be a search dialog. What is the path it initially looks into?

If you cancel the dialog and open the block diagram, the VI will show with a big question mark. Open the context help and check the expected path there. It is possible that you have to press the bottom left button (show/hide terminals and full path) in the context help window before seeing the path.

Where does this path point to?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,759 Views)
i find path: C:\Program Files\National Instuments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\Utility\file.llb\Open File+.vi 。 is it a additional liabray "file.llb"?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawn1

What version of LV are you using?

In LV 2015, i indeed find that vi in the file.llb under the stated path (LV 2015 instead of 2013 of course).....

Norbert

Norbert
Message 6 of 8
(3,741 Views)
HaHa,Thanks for your Instruction
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,734 Views)

In general though, either check the General tab of a VI's properties, or r-click the file in the project windows and select "Explore ..."

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,701 Views)