LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the DAQmx Task information saved in MAX

I currently had a computer crash which resulted in a complete reformat of my Windows computer system.  When the system was rebuilt, the IT professionals made a backup of the reformatted drive before reformatting.  Since I had a computer rebuild I now have to reconfigure DAQmx task in MAX but was wondering if there was a file (such as a task or configuration file) from the old system backup that would allow me to import the DAQmx task information in without having to reconfigure the task.  The hardware on the system is unchanged.  Thanks, Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,773 Views)

From Max select File>import or Export.  Export will create a *.nce file that contains the MAX information you select and Import prompts you to selet the *.nce file you want.

Its a pretty good idea to save your config information frequently so that you can restore to a known good configuration if something bad happens (like a rebuild of the PC)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,763 Views)

So if I had not saved a configuration file, then there's no chance of retrieving my previous Task settings?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Pretty much Yes, You will need to inspect the documentation of the various software that uses the tasks (and I hope you at least did that).  Or you can guess

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,752 Views)