From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does %22Override Required%22 get set%3F

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm studying some example code for expressing a Hardware Abstraction Layer using LabVIEW OOP.  At the top Instrument Class, two public methods, Initialize Instrument and Close Instrument, are declared, and are supposed to be overridden by all the (more instrument-specific) Child classes.  While browsing around, I actually found a view that had a check box that said something like "Override Required for all Child Classes" (that might not be the exact message, as you'll see in a moment).

However, I now cannot figure out what I did to actually see this message, and I haven't been able to find it again!  I haven't changed or saved anything in this Project, I'm mainly right-clicking items and examining Properties (or other items that appear in the DropDown box).  I'm feeling pretty stupid here -- I saw (and wrote down part of) the setting to require Override not 10 minutes ago, and now have lost it.

So where do I go to see and set this option?

Bob Schor, LOON (LabVIEW Object Oriented Newbie)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob_Schor

Duh, I found it!  It is not stored with the Method, but is part of the Item Settings of the Class that defines the Methods (which are listed under the Class Contents).  Sorry for my ignorance ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)