From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download LabVIEW NI Developer Suite 2012 64-bit?

Solved!
Go to solution

You may be right that our application does not qualify as heavy duty.  The CPU usage is not maxed out, although LV seems to use only 4 of the 8 cores.  The memory usage is quite low, which I thought may be due to limitations of the 32 bit software.  The vision applciation is capturing video, doing some processing (averaging, background subtraction, text overlay), displaying the live video, and recording an avi file with lossless compression.  As I recall, the incoming video is made up of 1080x1080 pixels 10-bit, B&W coming in at a frame rate of 30 fps.  We can't have the system drop frames while it records approx. 5 minute long video segments.  It runs 24-7.  Our first PC had a hard drive failure. The current PC seems to be having memory leak issues, which we think may be caused by cloning.  We are starting over with a fresh install of everything.  Perhaps I can start a new thread regarding these problems once we get the software installed and start running tests.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,528 Views)

You might want a RAID 5 array with hot-swap capability so your 24/7 computer will never be down due to HDD failure.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,526 Views)

I downloaded the 64-bit version from the ftp site only to find out later that our disks labeled 2012 DS1 were actually the first set of disks for 2012, not LabVIEW 2012.  We only have a license for 2011.  At this point, we decided to just install from the disks that we have and see how that works.  We have found numerous reports of memory leaks in 2011, which match the symptoms of our system, but hopefully we won't experience any problems like that once the installation is all good.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,490 Views)