LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When double to digital indicator set to display in time format... Value changes.

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am having trouble displaying the value I want. I have a double value say 320 sent to a digital indicator where I have edited the properites of it to display in a time format containing only minutes and seconds like so, '3:20'. Unfortunately it'll take the value and change it to a another value and display that. I do not know what the issue is. If anyone knows the solution... PLEASE post! 🙂

There is an image attatched! 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,174 Views)
Surely you don't expect 320 seconds to be displayed as 3 hours and 20 seconds.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mechaman

I only believe so due to the fact that when I convert a value from time stamp to double such as 3:20 it gave me 320. So I thought that the reverse might be try. Should I just input the total amount of seconds and that will output the Minutes:Seconds that I want?

Thanks for quick reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,163 Views)

BTW the calculation done in the picture converts the total amount of seconds to a 3 digit number... the first one being the number of minutes and the last two digits being the seconds.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,162 Views)
An actual timestamp data type to dbl does not convert the way you said. Perhaps you converted a string? It sounds like what you really want to do is convert your minutes and seconds values to a string.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,155 Views)