From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I invoke the WEB server for remote panel control in LabVIEW 10, I get the Header text OK and the error message Server does not support Remote Panels. What am I missing?

I ran the WEB publishing tool, the panel was correct and set the Request control flag.  It created a HMTL page as expected which I downloaded to my 9024 cRIO.  My app is running (LED's are blinking) and I know it runs targeted correctly.  It came up with a unique URL which did not identify the RIO by IP, but did not ask me to enable the remote WEB srevices.  I have installed the WEB server onto my controller.  All seems OK BUT...

The text I entered in the web publiching tool shows up

The front panel boarder is there...

NO Front panel

error is either 

1) Server does not support Remote Panels

or 2) Requested VI is not loaded into memory on the Server

Help... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,125 Views)

I'm getting the same error (server does not support remote panels) on a cFP platform after upgrading to LV 2010. It was working fine on LV 2009 SP2

Steve
CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,108 Views)

Take a look at this KnowledgeBase article: "Server Does Not Support Remote Panels" Error When Connecting to a Remote Front Panel.

Let us know if you're still seeing the error.

Thanks!

- Greg J

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,091 Views)

I too was having this problem when I upgraded to LV 2010.  I read the KB  "Server Does Not Support Remote Panels" Error When Connecting to a Remote Front Panel.  It had some good solutions such as Item 4 because the web server in LV 2010 requires you to specify a port where as LV 2009 didn't.  That tripped be for a while.

When I up graded I brought a project with me that I built in 2009 SP1.  I moved a control and attempted to re deploy the .rtexe. 

That is when I started getting the error about not supporting panels.  I went through all the steps to setup the web server and nothing worked.

When I finaly called the helpfull (Not sarcastic, You guys are great.) application engineers they had me repeat all the setup steps in the intrest of not overlooking a simple cause.  The server still wouldn't work.

I could create a new project and the web server worked just fine. 

Solution: create a new project, copy all my VI's over and redeploy from there.  Now everything works well. Also make sure you have the runtime engine installed on the computer you are using as a remote front panel.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,977 Views)

Hi guys,

I am getting the same error " Server does not support Remote Panel" error. I am getting all my header details. But am not able to get this running. If I deploy in my PC I am able to access from other PCs and vice versa. Only problem is with cRIO(I am using 9082). I have enabled Remote panel server, used diffrent port nos(8000,5000 etc.,) . I am using LV 2013 SP1 and the same version of software is installed in cRIO. What might be the problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,221 Views)

Well I found out the issue. the ports I used were the problem(Firewalled?!!) . I found a port no that works for me. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,196 Views)