LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with the crash reports?

Hello,

my compiled labview program (LV 2013) is  shutting down sometimes and a popup says that a crash report was created.

What can i do now with these reports?

Is there any helpful information for me what can be the bug in my program?

I have saved all crash reports.

Can i send them somehow to NI for analyze?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,047 Views)

If you have an active SSP, you should be able to get support. In fact, you may be able to get email support even without an active SSP (not too sure about that one). You can submit a service request and they're pretty good at getting back to you quickly. Once you've got the ear of an engineer, he'll ask for the crash reports if necessary.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,962 Views)

It kind of depends on what information that you are looking for. In the end, the crash dump is just another data point and not (usually) the silver bullet of figuring out what is happening. There are a couple of things that I can quickly search for to see if there is a CAR attached to them but it's rare to just find the solution from that. I would have access to the LabVIEW symbols and would be able to see what function calls were made before right before crashing. Sometimes knowing that is helpful but not always.

If you attach a couple of crash logs I would be willing to take a quick look to see if anything jumps out. I would also recommend sending them in to NI when prompted if you aren't already doing so.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,956 Views)

Hi Matt,

attached 16 crashreports.

Do you have a special program to read these reports?

Thanks for checking.

BR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,930 Views)

Here is also a nice link that might give you some idea on these reports:

NI Error Reporting FAQ

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2FF01AD2F6A02ABD862578D40053FCC7

As others stated, sending a report to NI through NI Error Reporting does not provide immediate technical support, but still helps NI employees make use of the reports to improve the software. So if you want prompt technical support for you application, I would advise you to contact your local NI technical support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,906 Views)

It would be helpful to get more information about what the user is doing when this crash happens but it looks like the application is beginning to close already (normal close operation not crashing), windows are being resized, and then a crash. The call stack actually looks very, very similar to a known issue fixed in 2016, CAR 463239, where resizing the front panel in an exe and then running quit labview.vi causes a crash.

If that does sound like what is happening in your application, the suggestion would be to stop all running loops and then use an invoke method to close the front panel instead of calling quit labview.vi.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,895 Views)