LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What spreadsheet format to capture all data?

Sorry I realize this isn't exactly a Labview question, but I'm writing all of my DAQ data to a spreadsheet file (currently just using an Excel file) but now that I'm sampling at a higher rate I am getting too much data for Excel to import (it will only do 6XXXX rows before it says all of the data was not imported). I need to really use the data in Matlab so I was just curious what format is better so that I don't lose any of it. Should I just use a .txt file and try importing that into Mablab (not as easy as an Excel sheet)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,355 Views)
If it is a comma delimited file, then the fact that excel can not open it, does not mean that the data is not there.  You just can not view it in Excel.  You can probably still open it in notepad though.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,345 Views)

If you use plain ASCII (txt) every math program will be able to read it. (I personally wouldn't call Excel a math program Smiley Wink)

Matlab can also read binary files, just in case your data files will increase and file size starts to matter. 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,328 Views)
Thanks gentlemen, I got it working fine again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,310 Views)