From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the base programming language with which LabVIEW is built?

Hai,

Iam curious to know with which programming language or environment the LabVIEW is built??  Is the platform same from 6i or is there a platform shift from any of the versions??

Message Edited by JK1 on 10-03-2008 03:29 AM
With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,121 Views)

I can't say I know the details, but the LabVIEW core and IDE is probably mostly a mix of C and C++, maybe with some assembly thrown in (?). Parts of the IDE are written in LabVIEW itself (e.g. property windows, the options dialog), sometimes calling private functionality exposed from the underlying C code.

Regarding IDEs, LabVIEW has been evolving for over 20 years, and I'm sure NI used all kinds of tools during that time frame. LabVIEW also runs on multiple platforms and has some specific code for each platform, so I'm assuming there are multiple IDEs, even in parallel.

Obviously, to get a qualified answer, you would need someone who actually worked on it.

(3,084 Views)