LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What functions should I use to read from a RS-422 serial port?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to read a continuos strem of three numbers from an anemometer connected via RS-422. What is the simplest way to read these in LabVIEW? Also would it be easy to seperate these numbers andplot them separetly against time?

Chers 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,961 Views)
You've already asked this question here and here. Please stop posting the same question, and at least follow up on your previous posts.
Message 2 of 6
(2,955 Views)

WindMaster?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 6
(2,944 Views)
ye, how did u no?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,910 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ssteel

There 422 network operations is hit and miss at best. We decided to use their hardware to convert rs-232 to rs-422 but only use one intrument on each 422 network. We are using a seperate serial port for each instrument so we don't have a need to poll the unit. I just configured them to operate in a default mode where they repeatedly send out their status message. The default mode also transmits each of the three (if you are using the 3-axis models) reading for the speed.

When opearting in this mode and configuration, all I have to do is frame the data and parse out the update.

This screen shot should show you everything you need to get started.

Read_WindMaster.PNG 

have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(2,905 Views)
Thanks, Ill have a go.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,894 Views)