From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What factors can cause a Proj file to open Dirty (LV 2009) ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having a similar issue. I have a project which I can open with no problem. As soon as I open the main VI in the project though, the *project* (not the vi itself!) gets marked as dirty. If I save the project and then look at the .lvproj file's raw xml, there is one difference: in the

<Item Name="Dependencies">

section, there is a new

<Item Name="imaqdx.rc">

pointing to

c:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\objmgr\imaqdx.rc

It does not appear in the Dependencies list when I open the project in LabVIEW.

Yes, I am using imaqdx, so I guess it's got half a reason to be there - but why has this only just started happening (I've been using imaqdx for ages now)? and how do I get rid of it? This is a serious issue as I'm trying to run some code overnight, at the end of which I want the computer to shut down. Unfortunately, when closing, LabVIEW comes up with a message about saving the project, and then gets killed by Windows. Not good...

I should add, I've tried running that System VI checker utility (didn't find anything), I'm not auto-populating folders, and I've checked that all my own VIs that I'm using are specifically in the project.

Message Edited by dave_burbridge on 03-18-2010 05:28 AM
Message 41 of 45
(867 Views)

OK, I think I've solved it.

The reason the imaqdx.rc file is required is because I'm using an IMAQdx property node to get information on the camera (model, serial number). The RC file is not a VI, hence it doesn't come up in nomal hierarchical scanning, but adding it to the project explicitly means that I no longer get a dirty dot every time I open the VI containing the IMAQdx property node.

Message 42 of 45
(860 Views)

hi mate,can u elaborate more on how u actually solved that prob plz,its always asking me imaqdx.rc 

thnx

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(539 Views)

This is happening to me in version 12.0f3 32-bit on Windows.

Dozens of my dependencies (my own vi's) appear and disappear from the project file through the various saves. The files that appear or disappear are not involved in actual dependency changes in my code. The most annoying part is that my source code control sees the differences and wants me to check in the changes.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(509 Views)

Hello,

Do you see the same behavior on multiple projects?  Are you able to reproduce the behavior and post a project that produces the behavior?

It also appears your issue is a little different than what this forum originated with regarding LabVIEW 2009 and is already answered with a working solution.  It would probably be more beneficial to post a new discussion forum regarding the misbehavior you are experiencing that is specific to your project and LabVIEW 2012.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(492 Views)