LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the network requirements for the Remote Panel Server?

Solved!
Go to solution

What are the network requirements for the Remote Panel Server?

I've been trying for a while now to setup a Remote Panel.  I can connect to my computers remote panel from other computers on my LAN but nowhere else.  

When ever I use the web publishing tool it gives me a URL in this format:  http://Computer-Name.Corporate-Name.local:8086/VI-Name.html Apparently this means I have a local DNS server and this URL has no meaning from the public.

When I try connecting with the Operate>>Connect to Remote Panel..., I get this error message:

"Connecting to remote panel server...
Remote panel connection refused by specified server: Make sure LabVIEW Web Server is enabled on specified server"

I got the same error when I tried to host a remote panel from my laptop at home, on my Wi-Fi.  Is there some network or firewall setting I'm not seting?  Could it be my server or router or private network?

My goal is to be able to host Remote Panels from my laptop while I am travailing internationally, by using 4G mobile internet.  Is that even passable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,487 Views)

Over_Nyquest

Have you enabled the Remote Panel Server in the Web Server options on the server?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,459 Views)

I've check the box in the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chon.Mech

As it turners out my router needed to be set up so that my Port was with in the forwarding rage.  Also I needed to disable DHCP.  Without doing this you can not host from behind a router.  

This are the instructions I fallowed:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B1E9A3D78BAED949862573AD0065D4D2

Message 4 of 15
(4,426 Views)

thank you sir i have worked on project like you do you know another web for free like www.dyndns.com  best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,150 Views)

dyndns is not a "web", it offers a dynamic DNS service.

Try a web search and youl'l find plenty of free alteratives (no-ip, duckdns, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,133 Views)

hi i tried no ip and i have a  DNS but when i try to connect to remote panel i have this error. i was enable the remote panel and changed the port to 49123.what should i do and thank you. best regards

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,111 Views)

Why would you need dynamic DNS, you are connection via IP address.

Check your firewall settings. Are remote connections allowed?

Is the server connected directly to the internet or behind a NAT router?

Can you ping it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,104 Views)

my adresse no ip is 197.27.12.102 and i ping it. it works

Untitled3.png

but when i try it in the web  i have this error

Untitled2.png

and when i try my ip adrresse it works

Untitled1.png

and i tried to connect the server directly to the internet and then i tried to use the Nat router port mapping

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,096 Views)

Your images are way to small to read anything.

@fatnassi9 wrote:

and i tried to connect the server directly to the internet and then i tried to use the Nat router port mapping

and???

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,088 Views)