From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What all do I need to get LabVIEW to monitor an Isco pump?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to read pressure and volume of my 2 ISCO pumps using LabVIEW.  The only program I found is the Panel.vi (the 2005 one).  I have the pumps' controller connected to the computer via an RS-232.   When I try to run Panel.vi, it gives me an error.  What do I have to do to make it run and show the readings from my pump?  Any help would be highly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,121 Views)

What does the error say?  There are thousands of potential errors.  I don't want to try to guess which one it is.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,110 Views)

It's Error 37: Devicwe Not Found.

I think it has to do with what I select for Com Port, Baud rate and the Pump Serial ID.  Can you help me with what I have to input in this window??  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,098 Views)

Error 37 doesn't sound like a LabVIEW error.  It sounds like an error code that Isco is using.  You can see what if they talk about it in their manual.

I am not familiar with their pumps.  But first thing I would check is to see what com port it is connected to on your PC.  And see what the manual says about baud rate and other serial settings.  Look in Windows device manager to see what ports you have that it might be connected to, and also in Measurement and Automation Explorer.  It needs to show up in there also.

Actually, I can't say that for sure.  It is possible that Isco is using some homegrown .dll that might be bypassing NI-VISA to communicate.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,090 Views)

I got the same problem error code 37 too. I also download Universal D-series Pump driver from http://www.isco.com/products/appnotes.asp?PL=105 and this program works perfectly. But this simple program can not export data to PC. Any suggest???

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(999 Views)

trangbv,

Since this is an older thread, I would advise you to make a new thread with a similar title (and reference this one in your problem description). This will help your issue gain visibility and help NI sort out what issues our customers are having overall.

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(970 Views)

I only see the exe files from isco. Where are the vi's you are using?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(953 Views)