From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird connection behaviour with network remote panels

Hello everyone,

so i am using network remote panels for getting access to a server-vi which allows changing some settings etc.

The problem is that i cannot get it to work on multiple PCs even though i always used the exact same steps for the clients:

- Under options>Vi-server i put in port 3363 and activated TCP and on the server itself i already entered all IPs from all PCs a bit further down that menu

- Under options>Web-Server i activated that remote panel checkbox and put in port 80

- Then i opened the ports in the firewall (not using further routers at the moment)

To now get acces to the network remote panel i can use the following: Under operate> "Connect to remote panel" or the following invoke node which i use in the attached picture in its simplest form.

I am sorry that it is in German, but i hope you can still follow me:

Its an invoke node: network panel->Connect to server

- Vi-name

- Server-IP (i removed the IP  in the picture here)

- Port

- Requesting control

With these 2 methods which are basically exactly the same i can get control to the VI.

The weird stuff now is, that it works on some PCs and it does not on others. I tried so much stuff already and i cannot get behind the pattern whats causing the problem. When its not working i get time-out errors 56 and 66.

Is there maybe anything i could have missed, because its driving me insane, since i did exactly the same stuff on PCs which are 1m away from each other and there are no additional routers, etc. And its working on one and not on the other.

I hope my problem is understandable and hoping for some answers 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,050 Views)

Hello Lucius2,

Error 66: The network connection was closed by the peer

The network connection might have been closed by someone, or LabVIEW is not configured to allow you to be a client. In the second case, you must configure the VI Server to give you the appropriate permissions by selecting Tools»Options>>VI-Server

Can you attach the error messages?

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,950 Views)