LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird behaviour with Simulate Signal and loops

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having some weird behaviour with Simulate Signal and while loops. Attached is a picture of my program. The problem I am having is that when I use Stop to stop the inner while loop, then use Go to restart the inner loop, Simulate Signal will instantly generate a bunch of data points in between when I pressed Stop and Go. For example, if I stop 5 seconds in,wait 5 seconds,then press Go, it will instantly generate data for t=5 to t=10. What I need is for the signal generation to stop when I press stop, and continue where it left off when I press Go. How can I accomplish this? I have no idea why it's exhibiting the described behaviour in the first place.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author achb

Hi achb,

Would you provide a screen shot of the configuration window for the simulate signal express VI? I was able to reproduce the issue when I used "Simulate acquisition timing" under timing, but the VI behaved as you described you wanted it to when I used "Run as fast as possible". Have you tried that setting?

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,879 Views)

Even better than supply more screen shots is to supply no screen shots, but to attach your actual VI (save it first) instead.  This lets us "poke under the covers" and even execute your VI to see what it does.  [Don't worry -- almost all Forum beginners make this mistake ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,873 Views)