From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird behaviour with .NET constructor node and GZipStream compression

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Stinus,

A Corrective Action Request with the number 493662 has been filed.

Is there anything else I could do to assist you?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 21 of 35
(2,333 Views)

Hi Thierry

Thanks for the feedback!

I have attached a link to this thread in the 2014 Septembers Monthly Bug list here.

Thanks you very much for your help in propagating this..

Best Regards

Stinus

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(2,327 Views)

Hello Stinus,

No problem...

If I can help with other issues, then just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(2,318 Views)

@ThiCop wrote:

A Corrective Action Request with the number 493662 has been filed.

Hi Thierry, any update on CAR #493662? I'm running into this issue also. Does there exist a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(2,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Stinus Olsen

Hello Jack,

Sorry for the late reply.

Holidays/vacation came in the way.. 🙂

Currently I cannot provide you with more (useful) updates about the status of the CAR.

There were 3 "work-arounds" that I could think of originally for this specific constructor.

Some of them are better than others:
- Using the dotNET 2.0 version from LabVIEW 2012 SP1 does work, because there is no overloading in this version of the .NET Assembly. (work-around 1)
- Creating your own custom/new Assembly (without these types of overloads) in Visual Studio and calling that one from inside LabVIEW 2013 or 2014 (work-around 2)
- Do not use Assemblies with these types of overloads (not really a work-around), but use alternative ones.

If you want to brainstrom about other work-arounds, then don't hesistate to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Message 25 of 35
(2,254 Views)

Hi,

For those who might find it helpful I've created a .net assembly in C# that allows you to compress and decompress strings in LabVIEW 2014 using Gzip library. (workaround #2 in Thierry's post above)

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
Download All
Message 26 of 35
(2,192 Views)

Thanks for the update and the efforts on this!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(2,167 Views)
@Sev_K wrote:

Hi,

For those who might find it helpful I've created a .net assembly in C# that allows you to compress and decompress strings in LabVIEW 2014 using Gzip library. (workaround #2 in Thierry's post above)

The compressed string seems to be longer and more character limited than needed.  Is this doing base64 encoding or something?  Do you have a version without such encoding?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(1,925 Views)

Dear all, Yes it is a old thread... but I cannot find a suitable solution... All my data are in the database and not recoverable since I cannot uncompress them. Anyone has a solution yet?

I am using LabVIEW 2017

Thanks

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,805 Views)

I ended up writing a small .NET assembly that supports GZip compression/decompression with and without base64 encoding..

So, from reading your post it still seems this is an issue in LV2017?

BR

Stinus

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,801 Views)