LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam freeze

I have met some problems with intialising the webcam in my WebcamContinuousCapture.vi. As this project is being pass down, i need to modified it so that i can use it for video conferencing. Currently i am using labview 8.6.

Sometimes, the WebcamContinuousCapture.vi is able to detect the webcam drivers and work fine. However most of the times, the vi is not able to detect the webcam driver and it freeze the whole program upon running. I tried using other webcams and on other laptops but all seem to fail. I am currently using window xp. i need to know how can i locate the webcam driver upon running so that i can select the available webcams. The driver of the webcams i using have already been installed.

Tried searching on ni_imaq_usb_installer_86.exe but when i tried to install it say i does not have Vision Assistant 7.1 or later. If possible, kindly tell me where am i able to download Vision Assistant 7.1 so that i can install ni imaq usb. Below is an attach of my vi's

Sorry me for my bad English.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzadqmftm2d

(sorry for uploading in media fire as i did not know where to upload in Labview forum. P.S i am new to this forum)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,428 Views)

You should probably contact the manufacturers of those webcams, since they would be in the best position to support you with your issues. If you are interested in using NI-IMAQ for USB, you can download it from the link mentioned below. You will also need to install the Vision Acquisition Software to manipulate the images. Remember:

1. NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras driver software allows users to configure any DirectShow imaging device and acquire images into LabVIEW.
2. Although NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras comes with  documentation, it is not officially supported by the National Instruments Corp.

NI Vision Acquisition Software
NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,409 Views)