LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web server multiple client control

For the web server, i know that clients can request control of the VI and the server computer must release control of the VI. Is it possible for any client to gain control of the VI upon request regardless if the server has released control or not? 

I know there is a timeout feature, but does this timeout also work for the server computer?

I would like any client to gain control from any other client or server regardless if the current controller has released control or not.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,841 Views)

If you are looking to access the same VI simultaneously, regardless of if another program (client) is using it, you can make the VI re-entrant. To do this, navigate to File » VI Properties, then select the category "Eexcution". On the left hand side, Reentrancy, select "Shared clone reentrant execution". You will want to be careful of race conditions here. If you are setting/accessing a shared variable this way it is possible you may come into conflicts. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,775 Views)

Unfortunately I don't samazing has understood the question.

I'm assuming that you're using Remote Front Panels and you want to be able to 'take control' of the VI even if there is an existing client that has control? As far as I know, there aren't a lot of options for customising the remote front panel server so I don't think it is possible.

You would have to look at an alternative (e.g. something like LabSockets, or write your own web-based interface).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,747 Views)

Thanks for the responses, I do not think the system will allow me to do what I want it to do.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,736 Views)