LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services Deployment Failed. The NI Application Web Server is still loading.

Solved!
Go to solution

I've installed LabVIEW 2013 and I'm trying to publish web service. Every time I try, I see this message: "Web Services Deployment Failed. The NI Application Web Server is still loading."

I have no idea how to stop or finish this loading. I've reinstalled LabVIEW 2013, removed LV 2012 and other software. Moreover, when I restart 32bit server, I'm having old web services installed. Even if I unpublish them, they appear after switching 64bit -> 32bit server.

I'll be grateful for your help.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,069 Views)

Dear Piotr,

are you using LabVIEW on a laptop or a desktop PC? If it is a laptop, can you please disable your WiFi card, restart LabVIEW and try again?

Best regards,

Message 2 of 7
(5,032 Views)

Dear Mateusz,

thanks for advice. It works.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,023 Views)

Hi Mateusz,

I have exactly the same issue with Piotr and just curious to know why do we need to disable WiFi to solve this problem? Should it be any configuration that we have to make it correctly for multiple devices on the same machine?

Thank you.

kind regards,

Suntisuk M.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,933 Views)

Mateusz,

I encountered this same problem on Windows 7 (but oddly not on an older XP platform) and your solution worked for me also; finding this thread saved me a lot of time, thanks so much.

I too am interested in WHY this step is necessary.  Also my company will be building an installer that includes this web service, and so perhaps there is something to specify in the installer build script.  Perhaps in a deployment it will not matter as the web service will start up as part of a full system start up.  I hope you can shed some light on this so my company can provide a slick and professional installer to our client.

Thanks,

Chip Grandits

Bolder Software

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author piotr.zawistowski@gmail.c

Hello all,

This was an issue introduced with the new web services deployment in LabVIEW 2013, specifically on laptops (filed as CAR 422680). It is fixed in the LabVIEW 2013 f1 patch. That patch is available for download here and you can get more information about the fixes in the patch here. The patch will be going out through NI Update Service later this month.

Regards, 

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,912 Views)

Hi Jeff-P,

it appears the problem comes back in LabVIEW 2013 SP1 f2. Also, the same workaround with disabling Wi-Fi adapter helps.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,136 Views)