LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Publishing Tool & Microsoft Edge plugin error

Hi,

I'm trying to publish my VI using the web publishing tool, prob is that Microsoft Edge is blocking a plugin or something, any ideas? 

I have LabVIEW 2015 x86 runing on Windows 10 x64, firewall is off.

"NI has detected that your browser might be blocking a plug-in. Visit ni.com/info and enter the following Info Code for more information: BlockedPlugin"

error_web_publishing_tool.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(10,367 Views)

Dear g0re good afternoon,

I have been checking the information and here is a link that might be helpful:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/760D1009EAAAB95586257E2F0054624E?OpenDocument

Inside the document is the following comment at the end of the link:

Google Chrome version 42 and later as well as Microsoft Edge are not supported browsers for National Instruments web technologies. National Instruments highly recommends that customers use supported browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).

Best Regards,

CaEnOs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(10,275 Views)

I assume this is going to be fixed in the near future, correct?  Microsoft will be dropping IE once Edge is feature-complete (they are also dropping support/sale of Win7 and 8 very soon), and are also dropping Silverlight completely.  All major browsers are also dropping Flash, Java, and Silverlight as supported plugins, going completely to HTML5 and JavaScript.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,202 Views)

@jack__ wrote:

I assume this is going to be fixed in the near future, correct?  Microsoft will be dropping IE once Edge is feature-complete (they are also dropping support/sale of Win7 and 8 very soon), and are also dropping Silverlight completely.  All major browsers are also dropping Flash, Java, and Silverlight as supported plugins, going completely to HTML5 and JavaScript.

My impression (I haven't heard anything from NI) is that they will not go back and remove the Silverlight requirement from any existing versions of LabVIEW so you will need to use any silverlight compatible browsers for them to work. I do believe that they are working on a replacement (I mean...they must be?! Chrome is a very widely used browser and Edge is the only MS browser in the long term) but I have no idea how far away that is. If you want alternatives to remote front panels - have a look at LabSockets, a third party toolkit, or check out the work I've done with WebSockets (both of which are HTML5/Javascript).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 6
(10,193 Views)

I'll check out LabSocket, thanks.

Do you have a link to your work so I could view that too?  I perused your post history here but you have a lot of posts to sift through 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,183 Views)

Ah sorry - I used to have links in my signature but I recently changed it. Here you go:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40572

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41778

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(10,176 Views)